market-farming - [Market-farming] Retreated seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KTCopsey AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Retreated seed
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:57:05 EST

In a message dated 12/5/03 6:23:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, Windsoap AT aol.com writes:
how important is it that the seeds be grown organically; what portion of our organic practice is the actual seed?
For my certification purposes all seed should be certified if possible.  For practicality it may not matter.  If course we could also become neurotic about whether composting  a geneticaly modified potato skin  transfers that modification into the compost.  So I keep my domestic compost separate from the stuff I use on the certified beds - I sometimes wonder if I am becoming totally schizo about this whole thing,
Katy