market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peter Jennings on Farm, Food, and Obesity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peter Jennings on Farm, Food, and Obesity
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:05:17 -0500

But we also have to take responsibility for our own actions.
Culturally, don't we remember how to eat well - and just not want to?

Well, it is possible to reduce food intake without intentionally suffering. Tom Cowan points out that noone overeats fully mineralized foods. Pastured beef, pastured eggs, whole milk are 'uncommonly satisfying.' Food that looks like food but isn't fully nutritional leaves the body 'hunting.' Its that unrequited 'hunting' that puts on the pounds.

We used to say 'you are what you eat,' and now we are saying 'you are what you ate ate,' but soon we will be saying 'without a diet of whole foods you can never be whole.' I think the experiential facts have been pouring in for long enough now.

-Allan