market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peter Jennings on Farm, Food, and Obesity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peter Jennings on Farm, Food, and Obesity
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:48:03 -0500

Greetings, all!

I agree, government policies and corporate food are *helping* to make
people fat - mostly by controlling and limiting the food supply, and by
educating people to eat the wrong things.

But we also have to take responsibility for our own actions.
Culturally, don't we remember how to eat well - and just not want to?

I know I could be lean and mean - but I do like my micro-brews and, um,
er - eating well!

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

* A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See our web site for
details!