market-farming - [Market-farming] farmers' market sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Hendrickson <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] farmers' market sales
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:21:38 -0600

Greetings,

I have been conducting an informal poll of daily farmers' market sales among market growers in Wisconsin. I would like to expand this effort and ask those of you on the market-farming list to participate. All responses will be kept confidential. When the information is shared, no names, farm names, addresses, or other identifying information will be included.

Could you please tell me what you consider a "good" day at your farmers' market(s) in terms of cash earnings and what is a decent (average) day? Please also list the name/location of the farmers' market(s)...or at least some sense of whether the market is in a small town or large city.

location of market (town, state) Good day's earnings Decent Days' earnings
1.
2.
3.

To provide some context for your sales figures, it is important to know the following:

1. How many acres do you have in production?
2. What types of products do you sell? (vegetables, berries, flowers, honey, meats)
3. Are you an organic grower?

Thank you so much! I will gladly share the results of this poll when I have compiled the replies.

-John

John Hendrickson
Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems
University of Wisconsin-Madison
mail: 1450 Linden Drive
street: 1535 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706