market-farming - [Market-farming] update on deer fencing article

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] update on deer fencing article
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:43:35 -0800

Thanks to Dave Lilligren for the website - yes, it is the same fencing as shown in American Small Farmer.    Evidently it was originally designed by Gallagher Corp in New Zealand & published in 1984.  A strawberry grower in Virginina is mentioned in the article as having 100 per cent deer control with this slant fencing around 12 acres of strawberries.

The author of the article I read said it cost him under a dollar per running foot.  So I guess I don't need to send article to folks, thanks for David - I couldn't get it to scan anyway without creating a HUGE file. nj