market-farming - [Market-farming] Farms Dealing with the IRS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brigette Leach" <avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farms Dealing with the IRS
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:4:27 -0500

Regards to the list.

I have been following the posts on dealing with IRS problems and read the related Growing for Market article as soon as I got my copy. I can't imagine dealing with an issue of this magnitude for a farming operation. And although I think that we keep pretty good records, we never would have been able to come up with all that the agency was asking. I know how many phone calls I had to make to deal with them on just one issue when they thought that I had incorrectly paid our 943 withholding tax. I should have kept track of the hours, but that would have been even more frustrating! This all lead me to think about the Fair Tax bill that Congressman John Linders, Georgia, has introduced. The aspect of the bill that most appeals to me is that it would eliminate the IRS. I'd be interested in reading others thoughts on the proposed legislation.

It's snowing and cold here in SW Michigan today...after near record warmth in the 60's yesterday.

Wishing a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday to everyone...
Brigette Leach
Avalon Farms
Climax MI

--- Brigette Leach
--- avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net