market-farming - [Market-farming] Baking...pasta

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Baking...pasta
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:49:16 -0800 (PST)

fresh whole-grain bread made with from-the-farm grains
> might
> be a good CSA item. But I also understand that good bread making could be
> whole extra occupation/endeavor all unto its own.?

Bread baking is a major part of my Farmer's Market products, everything
from carrot muffins to Herb breads. We are fortunate to have Azure
Standard that delivers to our area, they carry an outrageous line of
beautiful organic flours. Personally working alone, and managing a
Market, there's barely enough time to do the garden and bake and do the
CSAs. I couldn't even imagine growing and grinding enough wheat to do it
all. There's always a huge demand for good looking whole grain organic
bread.

> Does anybody here make and sell whole-grain pasta? If so, what kind of
> reception are you getting?
>
> I haven't but have considered it since I do the bread and have the flour
and also sell eggs...just haven't had the time but I get people asking
for it all the time.......Sora at Paradise Valley Organics