market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Baking...pasta

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andrews, Shirley F." <SAndrews AT AcademicBookServices.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Baking...pasta
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:44:52 -0500

"Organic flour" can be misleading and not necessarily whole grain. It
simply means the grain itself was organic and does not guarantee that it
is whole but simply white flour or unbleached white flour. Unless a
label specifically states "whole" it does not include the bran or germ
and is therefore void in nutrients. When it does state whole unless it
is fresh ground (or baked) you are basically using a rancid product.

Kamut (an ancient Egyptian grain never been crossbred) makes excellent
pasta and is more digestible than regular wheat. Kamut and Spelt are
both wheat alternative grains.