market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA containers
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:10:29 -0700 (PDT)

> I am juggling with what kind of container and packaging I should sell my
> produce to my subscription costumers.I am new at this,but I want it to be
> pretty and appealing to the eye.What are you selling and delivering them
> in?Any suggestions?
> Thanks Andrea
> I've been using 1/2 bushel wooden harvest baskets that I picked up for a
good price at montepkg.com. When they get dirty, I just rinse them out
with a hose and let them dry in the sun. I pack each one with a 1/2 gal
plastic milk jug of frozen water. My delivery vehicle is a pickup with
a canopy. The space is terrific but in the peak of summer it gets real
hot so even with the ice, I also cover the baskets with clean wet
towels. This keeps dust off and the evaporative cooling keeps
everything fresh. I have 2 for each subscriber and pick up the empty on
delivery...
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics