market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] saukville tractor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] saukville tractor
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:54:55 -0400

Thanks for the link, I am glad to see they are still in business and my
local dealer is still selling them. As for the offsets you will recall a
surge in sales back in the 80's.
JD Ford and Kubota all made excellent machines that were a great
improvement on the IH design but they all discontinued building them due
to lack of sales.
Sales were very good in my neighborhood until the bottom dropped out of
the fresh market vegetable business in the mid 90's and now nobody is
spending money on new tractors like we used to.
For east coast growers there are plenty of used offsets for sale in the
big sprawling used tractor yards in eastern PA...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.