market-farming - [Market-farming] Asian Beetles vs Stink bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Asian Beetles vs Stink bugs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

>Asian beetles...never heard of that one here in the Pacific NW. Our take
over pest are Stinkbugs...so named because of the horrible scent they
have when crushed. There are 2 varieties, one of which is also known as
the Pine beetle which infests the Great north woods. Years ago we'd see
a few here and there in the Fall, on the clothes on the line . Now they
are Everywhere in huge swarms and always manage to get into everyone's
house where they can now persist through winter. They especially love
the south facing windows and behind every picture on the walls.
Vacuuming seems to be the only defence.....

  • [Market-farming] Asian Beetles vs Stink bugs, sora, 10/10/2003