market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Aisia beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Aisia beetles
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:41:06 -0500

These Asian ladybugs taste really bad.  I guess it would be worth it if one had a really bad toothache.

We too are infested with them, here in Northeastern Wisconsin.

I wonder if Asian ladybugs taste worse or better than the friendly kind?

                                            Jill

If you have the measles or a toothache, you are in luck! From an article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune on Oct. 8th:

Noble history: Ladybugs are considered a symbol of good luck in many cultures. In the 1800s, English doctors used them to treat measles. They also believed that mashed ladybugs placed in an aching tooth cavity would control pain.