market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: CSA scholarships

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: CSA scholarships
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:57:55 -0700

Hi Folks,

I used the scholarship method for my CSA and it worked well. If you area able to build a true community feeling with your CSA, the wealthier members may be willing to contribute. We also did "work shares" - there was a small but real risk of getting caught no supplying workers' comp for those volunteers but we did it anyway.

Perhaps your ladies could help pack shares for everyone or type and print your newsletter or seed flats or clean flats or... There are many low physical effort tasks to be done on a farm.

Marcie

--
Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle

  • [Market-farming] Re: CSA scholarships, Marcie Rosenzweig, 09/09/2003