market-farming - [Market-farming] medical insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul A. Bock" <bockpa AT plesh.com>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] medical insurance
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:18:04 -0400

I have been reading over all the medical insurance emails and I don't think
I have seen anyone mention Medical Savings Accounts. I just started reading
about these, but I think the idea being that you have a low-cost, high
deductible (limits set by the government) and then a tax free savings
account (that I think can be invested in mutual funds or stocks as well)
that you use to pay out of pocket expenses until you reach your deductible
limit. And the family plan is setup so that when the total expenses for ALL
the members combined gets to the deductible limit, the plan kicks in to pay
all the other expenses. Any comments, or anyone actually using such a plan?
whatever you don't spend rolls over for the next year so the account can
grow, like an IRA. When you get to 65, like an IRA, you get the money as
income. I guess you are on Medicare after that.

-Paul Bock
Stone Gully