market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] market sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Catherine S" <farmerwantabe AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] market sales
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:04:35 -0500

Hello Marketeers:   First year for us to Market Farm, have 1/4 acre in garden this year and sell twice a week, sometimes three. Ben helps with the harvesting, tilling, weeding and the foliar feeding, I plant, pick and sell. We are also caregivers to my mother, early stages of alzheimers, she helps clean and sort vegetables and counts things! We have a home based business that we both work throughout the year and also do property cleanups, pressure washing, driveway sealing and bushhogging on the side. All of our foliar feeding is done using the some of the products that we sell, been a great way to advertise! Market Farming is working well for us so far and plan to increase the garden some next year. Been a good way for me to care for mother, be at home and have an outlet for me to work off caregiving anxiety and make some extra cash. As for insurance we found a company that only provides for those who are self-employed, fairly reasonable for the two of us.

Catherine Simmons

Middle Tennessee

Visit our website: www.conklin.com/site/thesimmonscompany
Products that you can trust.