market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] full time

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] full time
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:55:46 -0400

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:51:06 EDT, you wrote:

>Just wondering how many members are full time marketeers or augmenting
>income
>with market sales?

We're augmenting our income with sales. At the moment,
we're living on about 1/2 an acre, a large portion of which
is our dogs' fenced yard.

We've not sold much this year, first we had a
catastrophically wet and cold spring, then I was ill for six
weeks (throughout June and the first half of July) and
couldn't garden at all during that period.

Nevertheless, we've had lots of good things to eat fresh,
are preserving some, and have managed to sell a little bit.

We hope to get a hoophouse up in time for next season, and
sell a great deal more.

Pat