market-farming - [Market-farming] market sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] market sales
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:01:28 -0400

Just wondering how many members are full time marketeers or augmenting
income with market sales?
R P Sulphur Hill farms

I personally am mentally ready to sell at markets and from home full
time, but do not have the room or cash flow to so full time yet. So I
sell what I can, when I can. I do have a stand at home that I use the
honor system for now. Except for the fact that I have had nothing to
sell so far this year! It has been terrible in my area for this. Way
too much rain. Only enough coming in at one time for me to keep for
personal use. I was hoping to sell at markets this year but I am glad
that I didn't sign up earlier. I am hoping for next year to go gung ho
on everything as I am adding heat to my hoop house this fall. I would
like to get into perennials, some annuals and garden plants. On a small
scale of course. Along with selling produce from home and markets.
Time will tell!

Courtney
Herb Thyme