market-farming - [Market-farming] Peach Baskets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Peach Baskets
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:39:12 -0400

I went to my local container supply to get quart baskets to display
produce at my market, I put a plastic bag in each basket and fill it
with whatever I got and put a one dollar price on it. "basket not
included". I asked for peach baskets, they told me that nobody is
making them anymore. I always liked them for picking tomatoes, the newer
plastic peach size picking baskets are too flexible and squish ripe
fruit while lugging them down the rows. The companies have the tools to
make them but you would have to order 10000 baskets to get them to make
them again. I will miss the old peach basket...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.