market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Farm Internship

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Farm Internship
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:14:21 -0500

Funny, I was thinking about trying to find help also – I am getting slower and slower and the weeds are gaining on me.  The FFA kids have to have a project I understand and the ones in town don’t have any place to put animals etc.  I was thinking of setting up something so those kids could have a project here in return for helping on the farm -  picking, weeding, preparing for market etc.  Might even pay them.  I think I’m going to call the FFA advisor and talk to him about it and maybe set something up for next year.  The neighbors say the kids won’t do it.  Maybe not, but we could try.

Marie in Missouri