market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pregnant farmer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Margaret <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pregnant farmer
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:34:39 -0700

Why don't you have your cat tested? I worked in a vet hospital where many of our clients were immune system compromised and they frequently had us test their cats. That would not protect you against other cats that have contaminated the soil previously. Toxoplasmosis is very serious. I currently have a volunteer worker that is HIV positive and I worry about him being possibly exposed. My dogs keep cats away but there is always the chance.

I did find out that there is a test they can do to see if I've already had
toxoplasmosis. If I have, then there's no risk of it harming the baby. If I
haven't---- then I guess I have to stay out of the dirt? I only have one cat
and I've tried to teach her to not think of the garden as a potty- but cats
kinda do whatever they want.