market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Perennials

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Perennials
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:11:34 -0500

osteospermum...

Ah Ha!

Great plant. I knew there was something odd going on there.

Now, listen. We don't grow most of what we have. We buy it from growers in
the midwest. The osteospermum came in hanging baskets. Beautiful plant.
But I have one and it looks perfectly awful. Not because I neglected it but
because we went through some over 90 degree days and high humidity eh?

These osteospermums were also sold in 4.5" pots with very nice full sun
labels that came along from wherever the grower got them.

Talk about "buyer beware".

But, it makes sense. We received scores of patio planters with odd
combinations. Sure they looked grand coming out of greenhouse. As they
matured in ours it was pretty clear that only a few special conditions would
keep them looking nice.

Thanks for the tip on the book!

Del Williams
Clifton, IL