market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Cucumber Beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Cucumber Beetles
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:17:00 -0500

I know this sounds odd but I ended up dusting some cucumber and squash
plants with BT a couple years ago and the C Beetle problem went away.

I reasoned that it wasn't the BT. It was the dust. So, I dusted the plants
with wheat flour. It worked. Maybe they don't like that gummy stuff in
their little blackhearted mouths. I don't know. It just worked.

And by the way, before I got to my other squash with that flour, those
beetles took out almost my entire heirloom squash plantings. What survived
were those plants that got the flour.

Would some researcher figure this one out for me please?

Del Williams