market-farming - [Market-farming] summer production of salad greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] summer production of salad greens
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:56:48 -0700

Shelly from IdleThyme Farm wanted to know more about summer production of salad greens -

1. The cover story on the June 1999 Growing for Market newsletter was
"Grow Lettuce All Summer!"  - Shelly, if you can't find it in their website archives, I will mail you a copy - it is good!

2. Some of our market farmers are experimenting with a new variety of lettuce (Jericho?) that can stand some heat.  When they recover from the summer, maybe they will tell us how it went!

3. Check out ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer to Rural Areas) for detailed info on organic summer greens production - call 1-800-346-9140 since not everything they have by a long shot is listed as downloadable on their website.  They would LOVE to help you on this!

So happy to hear about your positive marketing experience!  best wishes, nan at dancing goats farm, n.mississippi

  • [Market-farming] summer production of salad greens, Nan Johnson, 07/15/2003