market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Cucumber beetles (applying oil to corn)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "eknutson" <eknutson AT clubdepot.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Cucumber beetles (applying oil to corn)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:57:07 -0400

My corn is not tassling yet, but the other day when I was cooking,
I realized my oil sprayer would probably work well for applying
oil to the cornsilk. You can buy them at many department or
cooking stores. You put in the oil then pump the cap to get it to
spray. I realize if you had acres of corn, this would not be
feasible, but if you don't have a lot, I think it would work
great. And it is all natural if you use organic oil!

>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Michael Lorion <michaellorion AT yahoo.com>
>Subject: [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetles
>To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
>
>Hello all,
>
>Does anyone have a good remedy for cucumber beetles
>that doesn't require a pesticide license to apply?
>Also, has corn oil application to silking corn worked
>well for anyone trying to prevent earworms? I know
>there are products designed to help with the
>application of oil/Bt mixes but for the cost (over
>$200) it would seem much cheaper to use a medicine
>dropper. Any suggestions?
>
>Michael Lorion
>Park Hill Farm
>Millbury, MA

This email has been scanned for viruses.

  • [Market-farming] Re: Cucumber beetles (applying oil to corn), eknutson, 07/15/2003