market-farming - [Market-farming] Edamame Revisited

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Edamame Revisited
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:50:42 -0500

Regards to the list:

I recall a discussion about this last year but I haven't found anything
in the archives. I understand that it is best to leave the bean pods on
the plants and just harvest the whole plant. Then bunch several plants
together for sale? How do you price these bunches? How many to a
bunch? Is the window for harvest small? I understand that if the pods
are the least bit yellow, then they're not good? But, the beans have to
be filled out in the pod before they're picked?

Thanks.

Marie in Missouri