market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: ezup shelters & sandbags

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dorsey" <dorsey AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: ezup shelters & sandbags
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:54:22 -0400

We bought an EZUP this season online through a place in West Virginia (H&L E-Z UP, www.myezup.com).  Their prices were pretty good and they were nice to deal with.  They had a deal going where you could upgrade to a better (heavier weight cover) for free.  We got the Enterprise Model.  It is extremely easy to set up.  Last year we had one of their cheaper (on sale for $79) models, a "Sprint",  with green & white stripes.  It was much more difficult to erect and didn't last the season.  One of the metal struts broke clean through.  (I guess you get what you pay for!)  We can't use the stakes, as our market is on a hard surface, so we also bought a set of E-Z heavy-duty weight bags (sold separately for $50).  Each of the 4 bags holds 40 lbs. of sand and they clip on & velcro around the legs very easily.  They are the heaviest thing we bring to market, but we feel it's worth it.  I've heard enough horror stories about winds upending the shelters and causing injury.  Also, people could trip more easily on gallon water jugs, guy wires, ropes, etc.  The bags have a relatively narrow profile--less to trip over, less chance of the liability issue rearing its ugly head!

Lucia Dorsey
Dorian Hill Flower Farm
1020 Hershey Mill Road
West Chester, PA  19380-5811