market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pea Prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pea Prices
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:14:50 -0400

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:20:02 EDT, you wrote:

><<We charge $3 per bushel if they are our peas.>>
>
>Well, finally, someone who gets about what I can get for mine (lol!), & from
>my neck of the woods, no doubt! I've been sitting here reading your pricing
>($3/lb for zucchini?!), with my bottom jaw laying on the floor & thinking I
>need to move somewhere else! I can't even GIVE squash away around here,
>even
>with recipes!

Here too. The local joke is don't leave your car unlocked
in summer, you'll find it filled with zucchini if you do....

>Awhile back, someone commented that they charge 25 cents each for fresh
>eggs.
> Are they made of gold? When I lived in the city, I got $2/dz for jumbo
>eggs. After I moved an hour outside the city, a man laughed in my face when
>quoted him that price. Came down to $1/dz, only to find that someone near
>me is
>selling them for 50 cents/dz. Fine, I'm not going any lower!

We pay $1.25/dozen for fresh eggs here, from free-run hens,
at a local farm. Sometimes it's less, depending on how the
hens are laying.

"Here" is rural northcentral Pennsylvania.

Pat