market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vinegar bottles???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Cyndi Norman <cyndi AT tikvah.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: , cyndi AT tikvah.com
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vinegar bottles???
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:39:44 -0000

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: sora AT coldreams.com

Has anyone out there found a good cheap source for presentable looking
vinegar bottles? Been doing tarragon vinegar, very popular but using
Ball pint jars is Not the way.........

One thing to keep in mind when ordering glass jars and bottles is the
shipping can cost as much as the bottles! Usually it's not quite that much
if you get smaller bottles, but it can really add up. In an order I just
made the shipping added 10-15% to the cost and my supplier is only 2 states
away (specialitybottle.com in Wash).

So take suggestions for suppliers from here and elsewhere, but consider
location and shipping costs before you decide on one. If you find a local
place, all the better.

If anyone knows a good supplier near me, I'm all eyes. I already use
Alameda Packaging in Fremont but their minimums are too high for glass and
Lavender Lane in Sacramento isn't close enough to justify the slightly
higher prices and lower selection compared to Speciality, though they're
pretty similar on both counts.

Cyndi

Petaluma, California Zone 9 USDA; Zone 15 Sunset Western Garden
Guide
Chemically sensitive/disabled - Organic Gardening only by choice and
neccessity
Cyndi
Norman
Handcrafted organic soaps & cosmetics