market-farming - [Market-farming] Salad greens at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Salad greens at market
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:44:36 -0500

1. Shade is essential - get an EZ Up or a market umbrella as soon as
possible
2. Keep only a few bags on display - use a basket or wooden dsiplay box a
layer of blue ice on the bottom.
3. Be sure to put a towel or some cardboard between the blue ice and the
greens or damage will occur.
4. Keep the excess in a cooler with blue ice and restock the display as
necessary
Adriana
---------