market-farming - [Market-farming] Plum Problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Plum Problems
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:07:35 -0400

I'm having some trouble with fruit on Green Guage plum trees.

The fruit looks great. It is not ripe now, just a light green that is tending to translucense. There is no sign of disease of any type. The fruit is beautiful.

I noticed that a lot of plums have dropped from the tree recently. On examining hanging fruit, I discovered that the slightest touch would cause most fruit, with their short stems, to fall from the tree. I still cannot see any indication of fungus or physical damage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
in Northern Virginia