market-farming - [Market-farming] Vinegars...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Vinegars...
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:16:40 -0400

Please tell me how to make herbal vinegars!! I
am trying to make some income on my own.

I also make apple sage vinegar and basil, garlic red wine vinegar. As
mentioned in another email, you take fresh herbs, and what ever flavor
vinegar you would like to use. I use cider vinegar for the apple and
sage. Then when I have finished straining the herbs, I place an apple
peel and fresh herbs in the bottle. The apple peel curls and looks
awesome in the bottle! I let the herbs and vinegar steep for about a
month in a dark cupboard or pantry. This vinegar is especially good
with pork! And the other is just as good.

Courtney
Herb Thyme