market-farming - [Market-farming] how long to irrigate

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] how long to irrigate
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:39:16 -0500

I just put in a drip irrigation system on approx  1/2 acre of cut flowers. The soil is basically clay and most of the beds are covered with black landscape cloth (tubing in under the cloth except for seeded beds.  The system is poly tubing with t-tape.How do I know how long to irrigate? Thanks for your help! Wish we had more rain here. smile.
Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens