market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KTCopsey AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming containers
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:26:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/03 11:04:50 AM US Eastern Standard Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

You can grow anything in containers that you can grow in the
ground - assuming the container is large enough.  You can
plant more intensively in containers as the soil will be
perfect, and there will be no competition from weeds etc.

Whilst I agree that containers are great for plants, they certainly do not give sufficient for selling.  I winter over my tender plants in Rubbermaid tubs etc, but find that even those benifit from being in the ground during the summer and produce much greater amounts.  The ony exception thus far have been 7 very large rosemaries, I bay and one lemon verbena all of which I take cuttings from and i am tempted to plonk even those into the ground this yr (the thought of digging the hole is stopping me right now!!!).
Katy

Living just one cornfield away from civilization