market-farming - [Market-farming] Insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Insurance
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:25:48 -0500

What I have, and what my main wholesale customers require is called PRODUCT
Liability which protects you in case your product causes an injury to a
consumer.
Other concerns as a grower:
- vehicle, - in case somebody is hurt while you are making a delivery or on
farm-related business
- property (greenhouses, packaing areas, coolers, barns, etc) if a storm
blows away your greenhouse to replace the strucutres
- crop loss
- other liability - if your EZ up collapses and hurts somebody, if a little
old lady slips on a tomato and breaks her ankle, etc.