market-farming - Re: soil prep was Re: [Market-farming] Drip Irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Guthrie" <dguthrie AT egyptian.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: soil prep was Re: [Market-farming] Drip Irrigation
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:08:12 -0500

Liz:

I've used the book you mentioned a lot. Would you advocate incorporating
covers and green manure in fallowed ground? There seems to be some debate
on whether or not or how much to work or till the ground with covers. What
could you tell me about sheet composting? I have several acres I want to do
something like that without tillage. I have sown a lot of clovers the last
three years and used no chemicals whatsoever for 5.

David Guthrie
dguthrie AT egyptian.net