market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Clay Soil Amendments

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Woodyou" <woodyou AT hiwaay.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Clay Soil Amendments
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:02:32 -0500

Maureen, I have tried sawdust with not so satisfactory results. Here, in N
Alabama, we have cotton hulls at the gins. They are reasonably priced, and
work very well. They are however quite high in nitrogen, not quite what you
are looking for. In your area probably no cotton, but may have other types
of small grain hulls at the elevators. Non-legume wastes/by-products would
probably help your soil better. Good luck.
Hank