market-farming - Re: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato boxes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: farmerherman AT igc.org
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato boxes
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:16:40 -0400 (GMT)

Wendy's response is all right on target, but your original question also
addressed how to transport ripe tomatoes. I use "beer flats"; you know those
shallow cardboard boxes in which beer and other drinks are transported. They
are also great to give customers at the market for transporting ripe tomatoes
home. They are great year round. We sell plants in 4" pots in the spring.
The flats are good for customers transporting them too.

Original message attached.