market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato boxes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato boxes
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:19:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/2003 2:36:49 PM Central Daylight Time, hayesjl AT earthlink.net writes:

however would a mister system help?  Seems like a bit of work, maybe keeping them in coolers

NO to both.  keep the tomatoes in the shade, but misting them will make them rot and chilling them ruins the flavor.  These are techniques used in agribusiness and grocery stores and we all know what their produce is like!  If I have unsold tomatoes, I might make a couple of phone calls to ladies who can, but often go ahead and can or dry the tomatoes myself.
Wendy
Akin Farm