market-farming - [Market-farming] Purslane

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Purslane
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:19:46 -0500

When I lived in Sarasota Florida I grew purslane for one chef and charger
somewhere in the $8-10/# range if I recall. It was a piece of cake to grow
and, because it is a suicculent of sorts you could get to a pound easily.
It adds crunch and a lemony flavor (and heft) to a salad mix too and is an
incredible antioxidant and a vegetable source of Omega 3.

> Has anyone sold it? How much per pound did you charge? It's going wild in
my
> cultivated garden and it tastes really good right now as opposed to later
in
> the season.

Adriana