market-farming - [Market-farming] Sustainable Ag liks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art AT complum.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sustainable Ag liks
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:02:04 -0500

I don't know how many of you are using old methods, but after sending this to
another list, I realized that Market Gardeners may appreciate this, too. I
find that I'm doing a lot of things that the Ag Extension tells me aren't
possible in Iowa. Maybe you have similar experiences.
----------

I'm trying to revive the sustainable agriculture that I grew up with, and
being organic certified, I find old ag texts more relevant to me than modern
ones.
Some of my favorite old farm-oriented online books can be found at :

Small Farm Library at Journey to Forever (also a great site.
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library.html

Ye Olde Forage Library
http://www.caf.wvu.edu/~forage/library/

Soil And Health Library, including
The Holistic Agriculture Library, The Personal Sovereignty Library,
The Alternative Medical Therapies Library,
http://www.soilandhealth.org/index.html

The Core Historical Literature of Agriculture
http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/chla/

A Modern Herbal
http://www.botanical.com/

The National Agricultural Library (a lot of modern stuff here, but...)
http://www.nal.usda.gov/

The Making of America (not exclusively ag-related, but searchable)
http://moa.umdl.umich.edu/
--
Art Petrzelka
Amana, Iowa