market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA start-up problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA start-up problems
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:58:10 -0500

How about announcing that the entire schedule will slip by one or two
weeks - you will start 2 weeks late but end two weeks later in the fall.
Then you can plan way ahead and use your summer excess to make home-made
goodies (jams, vinegars, breads, frozen pesto, pies, etc,) to deliver those
last two weeks if you have nothing fresh available....I think your customers
would more than understand and would be happier with that arrangement than
with a skimpy share.

Adriana

> I know the need to provide that you are feeling - it is an empty
> feeling, and sometimes laced with panic in conditions of ill weather. I
> hear you attempting to fill it with some very creative ideas.

  • [Market-farming] CSA start-up problems, adriana, 06/09/2003