market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:37:05 -0400

I like these suggestions, I wrote a cookbook last year and that will go out
to the new folks (who probably are the ones I need to inpress). I got a few
suggestions off list of reminding members that CSA is risk and I will but I
feel "I" need to do something so I don't stress If I am making things herb
things or bread I will be working and looking like I care (which I do).
Thank-you Beth

if you still have some tomatoes left from last year, a pizza might work.
especially if you could get some fresh cheese or make quick mozzarella with
milk
from a neighboring dairy? or, make some bouquets garni, dry some packets of
herbs...
Write a quick cookbook with veg recipes

*******

When I had my CSA and this early season stress came upon me I always made
salad dressings and breads - both homemade items that our members
appreciated and looked forward to - plus it kept me busy and not worrying
about what I DIDN'T have to give them. You could also whip up an herbed
cheese spread from all your fresh herbs right now, throw in some scallions
or chives with cream cheese and they have a fine spread for lunches.

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18, Hook Family, 06/08/2003