market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] lettuce displays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] lettuce displays
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 22:34:27 -0600

Alex, Liz and All: Like Alex, I've found with sensitive greens (lettuce,
kale, chard, raab, arugula, etc) that it's best to only put out a few of
them at a time and keep the rest in the cooler for restocking. That's
worked well for me. With kale and chard I don't even put them out -- my
customers have gotten used to looling in the cooler (which I put near the
front of my stand) and helping themselves.

And it's "too wet to plow" here too. I wonder if I'll ever get my potatoes
in!

Elaine
Denver