market-farming - [Market-farming] Where's Rick H??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Where's Rick H??
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 06:58:54 -0400

> I can't help but worry about Rick Hopkins. Someone posted that he lives
> near the tornado damage and we haven't heard from him since they hit.

I heard from Rick right after the storms. His power had been out, so unable
to read email, and I assume too busy helping with storm cleanup (not to
mention regular spring farm stuff) to stay in tune with the list right now.
I'm sure he won't mind if I post a copy of his email to me (from back on the
6th):

Liz,

We are weary and stressed, but safe. The tornado that went through
Marionville cut across the south end of our farm with little damage. It
sure changed the landscape around here though as there isn't a tree left in
its path. A few homes survived in the path, but most are just rubble.

The power has been off until just a few hours ago, so I have not been able
to check my E-mail until now.

Thanks for checking on us.

Rick

Liz Pike