market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Planting tiny seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tim Davis" <tdavis AT johnnyseeds.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Planting tiny seeds
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:50:10 -0400

Hi Marie,

Please don't go blind... I'll answer a couple of your questions.

The One-Row Pinpoint Seeder can be pushed or pulled, all the others work
best if pulled. The Glazer can be mounted to a wheel hoe and pushed -
works best if you use 3 Glazer seeders. One side note (so I avoid hate
mail), these seeders work best with well prepared, trash/debris free
soil surfaces. Extra efforts in bed preparations make all the
difference.

As for the Seed Sower, it's wonderful, we use it a lot this time of year
both in the greenhouses and in the field. It just depends on how much
you plan on planting.

One other suggestion, if you plan on direct seeding, you might try the
Earthway seeder.

Tim Davis
Director of Research & Production
Johnny's Selected Seeds