market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pick your own strawberry operation.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Judy Lynn" <thlady_saint AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pick your own strawberry operation.
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:00:35 -0700

Thank you for the pics Don!  They are great :o)  I LOVE growing my strawberries, on my very small home size scale.  They are always one of the first things that I have people try from my gardens when I am busy convincing them of why market farmers produce higher quality than grocerie stores... perfect example, I was in the grocerie store today craving some fruit while waiting for the deli line to go down.. went over to pick out a pear and boy was I dissapointed!  Terrible!  Green and hard, there was no chance those things would ever come close to being palatable.. sigh, still craving a pear, havent had a decent one here in Tucson forever... anyone here grow them?  I am going to have to find a real source here soon... dont know of any local market farmers that have pears.. apples we have a plenty though :o)  Hmm darn, now I am having a pear and strawberry craving lol

We still have servicemembers overseas... please drop by my site and visit the forums, leave them a message.  Let them know we support them, thanks :o)
http://localsupport.imperialnetwork.com

From: Don Palmer
Hello, If anyone is interested here's a link off my
webpage that shows some of our strawberry fields,
there from a few years back and are a little weedy.
http://www.alltel.net/~dhkp/farm.htm
Don Palmer