market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Red in mesclun mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Red in mesclun mix
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:52:24 -0500

We found that mizuna and tatsoi were both too heavily damaged by flea beetle
as well as caterpillars of different types. Bull blood beet sounds like
something to try, however. In the winter here, the production was too low
to give it high tunnel bed space, but for summer....well, we'll try it and
see. Our customers really didn't complain. They were so happy to get
mesclun in summer that just green baby lettuce was great.

Alison