market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Mahindra

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Mahindra
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 06:12:11 -0600

> Would appreciate your/anyone's input on the 3/4HP per inch calculation.

I have successfully run a 4.5-5' tiller on a 25hp tractor.

--
Willie Time for a Kurdish state?
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
From: "Amy K. Johnson" <akjedj AT access4cheap.com>
To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:48:04 -0800
Subject: [Market-farming] Roll-up sides on greenhouse

Dear List,

We are building a hoophouse from salvaged materials and we want to put roll
up sides on it. One of our salvage projects was a greenhouse-type enclosure
for a pool that had collapsed due to ice load. It had roll up curtains made
from a woven semi-transparent white material.

My question is: Should we use the old curtains for the roll-up sides on our
hoophouse or can we use greenhouse plastic? Does greenhouse plastic stand up
to the stress of being rolled up and down? The curtains for our new
hoophouse would be about 3ft high by 48ft long on a hoophouse 12x48ft.

Thanks,
Amy K. Johnson
Johnson's Produce Patch
Long Island VA