market-farming - [Market-farming] tractor tiller

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <bob AT akasha.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] tractor tiller
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:25:48 -0600

Regards to the list:

The early stuff is up here - lettuces, spinach, radishes, turnips,
greens. It's time to plant again and I'm stuck in the house with a
horrible nasty virus. Makes me dizzy to stand up so I either lie or sit
down all the time.

I am very weak and wobbly from this "illness" so I've been thinking that
instead of running the big Troybilt I should buy a tiller that can be
mounted behind the tractor. Orscheln has them for about $1000, but
those look like they wouldn't till very deep.

Does anyone have any advice about what kind to get? Do they make bed
shapers that could run behind the tiller? Our tractor is about 80
horsepower. Would it be possible to run a tiller, bed shaper and
planter all at the same time? Or am I just being super lazy?

The Pyrenees pups are doing great. They're 3 weeks old today and a
couple of them already weigh 6 lbs. Our mean ewe is expecting any
moment. She has always tried to kill her lambs so I'm going to raise
them with the pups this time. She would have been long gone, but she
keeps hiding when we're loading sheep on the trailer for market. Just
watch, she will be a good mother this time now that I WANT to raise the
lambs.

Marie in Missouri