market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: whoops, herbicides

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Miranda Smith" <miranda AT tagoresmith.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: whoops, herbicides
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:46:58 -0500

Sorry, I just read the end of your message. Normally, tomatoes are the
most sensitive to herbicides, not lettuce.

I would suggest that you also look for a damping off
organism--phythium, phytopthora, or fusarium particularly. I say this
because it happened to us with lettuce a few years ago. We watered the
mix and kept it warm for a few days and then took it to a pathologist
who checked under a microscope. It was a fungus, not a herbicide.

Meanwhile, I'd start the lettuce in something else!

Miranda Smith

  • [Market-farming] Re: whoops, herbicides, Miranda Smith, 03/21/2003